SOUTHEND-ON-SEA | ROCHFORD | CASTLE POINT
email: email@example.com | call: 01702 667590
WHO WE ARE
SOS Rape Crisis is a specialist service that is dedicated to supporting women, men, transgender people, young people and children who have survived sexual abuse and violence.
SOS Rape Crisis provides confidential and non-judgemental support for survivors of any form of sexual abuse that has occurred at any time in their lives – whether it is recent or non-recent.
SOS Rape Crisis supports survivors who live in the area of Southend-on-Sea, Rochford or Castle Point. If the survivor you are working with lives outside of these areas – please click here to find your nearest Rape Crisis Centre.
We provide confidential services to supporters of survivors such as parents, carers, relatives, and partners.
If you would like to make an Organisational Referral or find out some more information about the services we provide at SOSRC you can click here.
SERVICES SOSRC CAN PROVIDE TO EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS:
- Workshops for Students and Professionals working within Education:
In December 2017, the Department for Education published advice for governing bodies, head teachers, principals, senior leadership teams and designated safeguarding leads on sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in schools and colleges.
The document provides advice to schools and colleges on:
- what sexual violence and sexual harassment is
- how to minimise the risk of it occurring
- what to do when incidents occur or are alleged to have occurred
The document also makes it clear that the onus is on the school or college to develop their own policy regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment, to provide training for staff and to offer a whole-school preventative programme.
Rape Crisis is referenced in the document as a specialist organisation that can support schools and colleges. SOS Rape Crisis is the Rape Crisis Centre that covers Southend, Castle Point, and Rochford and can offer schools the following:
- support on developing policy around sexual violence and sexual harassment in school or college
- high-quality CPD for teachers and non-teaching staff on recognising and responding to sexual violence, sexual harassment, and sexually harmful behaviours
- high-quality CPD for staff on the impact of trauma and how to manage trauma behaviours in school or college
- ChISVA support for victims of sexual violence or sexual harassment, including specialist risk assessments
- high-quality, age-appropriate lessons for students on a range of subjects including: consent in sexual and romantic relationships; sex and the law; pornography and indecent images; gender stereotypes and sexism; any other issue identified by the school or college
- workshops for parents on recognising and responding to sexual violence, sexual harassment and sexually harmful behaviours in young people
ChISVA support and lessons for students are offered free of charge.
CPD for staff and sessions for parents are charged at £30 per hour.
- Specialised Counselling Supervision for employees who work with Survivors of Sexual Violence.
- Sexual Violence Training for external Organisation to raise awareness of sexual violence and referral pathways.
- Consent and Education Sessions within schools and other educational organisations.