USEFUL LINKS & CONTACTS
SUPPORT FOR RAPE & SEXUAL ABUSE
For immediate support following recent rape or sexual assault.
• Rape Crisis Tel: 0808 802 9999
The National umbrella body for Rape Crisis member groups. Information about centre’s in your area.
• Survivors UK Tel: 0845 122 1201
(Men and boys only) National helpline for male survivors of childhood sexual abuse or sexual assault.
BLACK & ETHNIC MINORITIES ORGANISATIONS
• National Domestic Violence Helpline Tel: 0808 2000 247
• NSPCC Asian Child Protection Helpline Tel: 0808 8005 000
Specialist LGBT Organisations
• Galop Tel: 020 7704 2040
Making life safe, just and fair for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people.
• Broken Rainbow Tel: 0300 999 5428
LGBT Domestic Violence helpline.
• Domestic Violence 24 Hour Helpline: 0808 2000 247
• Childline 0800 1111 (free phone)
Helpline for any young person in trouble or danger. Also, provides on-line support.
• Samaritans Tel: 024 76 678 678
Emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
• NSPCC Helpline Tel: 0800 800 500. (free phone)
Information and advice for children, or anyone concerned about a child.
• Counselling Directory Tel: 0844 8030 240.
Connecting you with professional support.
SOS Rape Crisis policy is not to provide support to people who disclose, or have been accused of or investigated for sexual or violent offences. However, in exceptional circumstances, the centre may decide to offer support to clients who fall into this category. Decisions on whether support will be offered will be made on a case-by-case basis, and will be at the discretion of the centre.